The Mission and Heritage Commission
Through the lives of the Mission & Heritage members, the Mission of the Ursulines continues to touch the lives of many!
The Mission and Heritage Commission, past and present members, celebrated their annual meeting with a beautiful prayer service followed by a fabulous meal. We would like to thank all of the members who have given of their time and talent to promote the spirituality and charism of St. Angela Merici during the past 13 years!
Each year at this closing event of the Mission & Heritage Commission a few members take some time to talk about their Experience as a member of the Mission & Heritage Commission. (To see more photos from the May 26th event, visit the Ursuline Sisters of Cleveland Facebook page.)
CLICK HERE to read a witness by Vickie Duber
CLICK HERE to read the witness by Patrick Preto
Under the direction of Sister Joan Petersen, the Ursuline Sisters' Mission Integration Office is charged with advancing the Ursuline mission of transforming lives through contemplation, justice and compassion.
Our mission is the purpose and embodiment of why we exist, therefore our core values must permeate our actions and direct our decisions.
As Cleveland Ursulines committed to Gospel values, we strive to:
- Foster a sense of awe and wonder of all God's works manifested in creation;
- Intentionally develop and nurture right relationships among ourselves and others;
- Align ourselves with the oppressed, especially women and children;
- Unconditionally accept each person's dignity;
- Be present with one another to nurture, support, encourage and build self-esteem; and
- Exemplify true hospitality.
In order to promote our Ursuline Value of Contemplation, a morning of prayer was facilitated by Sister Joan Petersen on Saturday, March 19th at the Ursuline Educational Center. Time was devoted to personal awareness and appreciation of Christ’s unconditional love for every individual.
Scripture, music, meditation, a power point and interaction assisted the fifty-eight participants to reflect on traveling their Lenten Journey with their Savior. The group celebrated Eucharist with the Ursuline Congregation, and concluded the morning by sharing their thoughts with one another.
Mission and Heritge Comission
Also led by Sister Joan, our Mission & Heritage Commission attunes individual members to the importance--both to themselves and society--of incorporating Ursuline values by living the Ursuline mission. The Commission is composed of people employed by Ursuline institutions, including those we sponsor: Beaumont School, Urban Community School, Ursuline College and Villa Angela - St. Joseph High School; Ursuline sisters and associates; and members of the community at large.
The Mission & Heritage Commission:
- Introduces members to St. Angela's life and counsels;
- Inspires members to deepen their spirituality;
- Encourages members to share their faith stories;
- Enriches society by promoting compassionate outreach of the part of members;
- Promotes the Ursuline mission in the workplace; and
- Builds community with each meeting.
For more information on this group e-mail Sister Joan Petersen: email@example.com
What face of Angela will you show the world today?