Here's the latest!
January 26, 2018
With the warming temperatures in the last two weeks much progress has been made in the construction of Merici Crossings including:
- 1) Installation of structural steel is the one-story “public” area of the building housing the chapel, great room, dining room and ministry spaces is progressing. The shape of the building with the sweeping roofline is now visible from the street and the building is finally taking shape.
- 2) The 1st and 2nd story concrete floors are now complete.
- 3) Once the steel infrastructure is completed in the one story building, concrete flooring will be laid.
- 4) The project is nearing the 50% completion mark!
January 11, 2018
1) Construction continues albeit at a slower pace due to the extreme cold weather conditions over the past few weeks.
2) Currently the building is approximately 35% complete.
3) We anticipate that the building is only a few days behind schedule at this point as construction efforts have been re-prioritized to those activities not as weather dependent.
4) On Tuesday, (1/9) the north half of the underground parking garage concrete floor was poured and the south half of the garage is expected to be poured next week.
5) On Thursday, (1/11) if the rain holds off, we are expecting to pour the concrete decking between the first and second floors on the south half of the building in order to take advantage of the unseasonably warm temperatures.
6) Structural steel is also being placed at this time in the one-story chapel, dining room, great room and kitchen areas. Once this is complete work can then begin on closing this area in and pouring the concrete slab foundation.
7) Prayers for more temperate weather are definitely needed to keep the project on
November 30, 2017
- 1) Project is still on schedule for Fall 2018 completion.
- 2) Stairwell’s are complete, work is beginning on the elevator shaft, and framing is proceeding at a rapid pace. The goal is to have another concrete pour by mid-December.
- 3) Weather has been good – construction teams are planning to work this weekend (12/2) while the weather is still favorable to get ahead of the schedule in anticipation of adverse winter weather ahead.
- 4) Approx. 45 – 50 construction personnel are working on site right now.
November 10, 2017
We are starting to see construction above ground!
CLICK HERE to view the live construction cam.
October 20, 2017
Major concrete pour today!
Watch the action live HERE
1) Construction remains on schedule.
2) In mid-October temporary power will be installed underground for construction purposes only, this will be removed as construction nears completion and permanent power is installed.
3) It is anticipated that concrete decking will be poured the week of October 9; visible above ground construction activity will become more apparent once this is completed.
CLICK HERE to view our live construction cam.