Congregational Offices / Posted March 25, 2021
Summary of Open Position
The Ursuline Sisters of Cleveland have an immediate opening for an experienced accounting professional to join its Finance team. This full-time position supports the Sisters’ mission to transform lives through contemplation, justice and compassion by ensuring the organization’s long-term financial sustainability. Our mission-driven, faith-based organization believes in having a personal/work life balance, and offers flexible scheduling, competitive compensation, and a comprehensive benefits package.
In this role, you will:
- Be responsible for the day-to-day accounting of the organization, including accounts payable, reconciliations, preparing and analyzing financial statements, and general ledger operations.
- Bring a solid understanding of accounting procedures and processes, skills and knowledge to contribute to team success.
- Enjoy excellent growth potential as you work collaboratively with the CFO to support the budget process, long-term financial planning and special projects.
- Perform meaningful work that makes a difference to the organization and community.
- Apply your strong communication and interpersonal skills to engage with a variety of stakeholders.
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree in accounting (preferred) or an Associate’s degree (required), and 3-5 years of relevant accounting experience.
The Ursuline Sisters of Cleveland are an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment, in accordance with the requirements of all applicable laws, including race, color, religious, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, marital status, military status, sexual orientation, disability, or medical condition.
About the Ursuline Sisters of Cleveland
The Ursuline Sisters of Cleveland are a Catholic order of religious women dedicated to a mission of transforming society through contemplation, justice and compassion. The first religious in the Diocese of Cleveland, the sisters came from France in 1850 and established the first Catholic school in Northern Ohio. While education remains a primary ministry focus, the Ursuline Sisters have expanded their outreach to meet ever-changing needs. Today they also serve within the diocese as parish and hospital/hospice ministers, nurses, missionaries and social service providers.