Congregational Offices / Posted March 01, 2022
The Ursuline Sisters of Cleveland have an immediate opening for an experienced Coordinator of Justice, Peace, and Integrity of Creation (JPIC) to join our organization. This full-time position (up to 2 days per week remote) supports the Sisters’ mission to transform lives through contemplation, justice and compassion. Our mission-driven, faith-based organization believes in having a personal/work life balance, and offers flexible scheduling, competitive compensation, and a comprehensive benefits package.
In this role, you will:
- Engage the Ursuline Sisters of Cleveland and their partners in mission through processes that speak effectively to the needs of the times based on Gospel values, Catholic Social Teaching, and the Ursuline charism.
- Create educational programming, advocacy opportunities and direct service experiences.
- Represents the Ursuline Sisters in matters related to JPIC
- Develop and sustain relationships that promote JPIC issues including Leadership Conference of Women Religious, NETWORK, Pax Christi, United States Conference of Catholic Bishops, Catholic Climate Covenant and religious and secular organizations, which are aligned with Ursuline values.
- Work with the Ursuline website and social media production process to establish a public face to the Ursuline commitment to justice by promoting public statements.
A bachelor’s degree in a field related to Justice, Peace and Integrity of Creation is required along with knowledge of Catholic Social Teaching and Catholic theology as articulated in documents including Fratelli Tutti and Laudato Si. Proficiency in social media and technology a must.
Job Description: coordinatorofjpicjobdescription3.2022.pdf