Since 1850 our sisters have distinguished themselves as educators, teaching and administering at all levels from pre-school through college.
The Cleveland Ursulines have a long and storied tradition as educators, as directed by their fourth vow of service in Christian education. Within weeks of their 1850 arrival from France, our sisters opened a school for 300 students, the first of what was to become the Catholic school system in the Diocese of Cleveland. Today we sponsor Ursuline College, secondary schools Beaumont School and Villa Angela-St. Joseph High School, and Urban Community School for elementary students.
Our educational service is further expanded through the Ursuline Institute of Learning, a tutoring ministry directed by Sister Susan Mary Rathbun (email@example.com) and by Ursuline ArtSpace, an art education outreach directed by Sister Kathleen Burke (firstname.lastname@example.org)